Wednesday, September 16, 2009

frustration and lack of sleep

8:00 am in London Airport

First chance to be buddhist about the stress of traveling and I fail. Group traveling presents the need for corporation and melding of temperaments that sometimes I am not gifted with. One of my goals for this trip is to be open, willing and able to go with the flow, so I am wishing and praying to use this first failed attempt as a learning device. I need to take a breath and let everything just pass by without getting uptight.

1:20am London/4:38 Nairobi

I sit eating a pleasurable airplane meal of Indain curry chicken, drinking a Chilean bottle of Sauvignon Blanc (complimentary of Kenya Airways), watching the vast sparse desert land of Africa's coastline stretching out before me and the last remnants of the torquoise blue Mediterranean slip from view out of my individual window... life is beautiful and comfortable in this pre-Lodwar travel bubble I'm still in. Really anxious to get into the meat of my trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment