Monday, September 14, 2009

Excitement over the unknown


Phil 4.13 "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"
-This passage was sent to me before I left by the mom of my best friend. I had wrote an email to all my friends and family members about my fears of my upcoming trip to Kenya and I received some great inspirational words back, this passage being my favorite. I took this thought with me through my journey and felt it helped me move along some tough terrain, so thank you Ang.

Day 1:

8:00am August 28th. On our way to LAX.

We decided to travel by public transportation from Mike's house in East Hollywood to the airport. It feels as if it is the perfect beginning to a completely uncontrollable adventure. Mike had spoken about his nerves this morning, which both comforted me to hear someone else express their reservations and it also made me realize that I really do appreciate the adventure part of this trip. It feels like little electric nodes all over my body are generating energy when I'm beginning a trip I've been anticipating.

12:15pm

Trying desperately to retain a few necessary phrases in Swahili that I was given to study
Ex: My hovercraft is full of eels = Ndege langu limejaa mikunga
(you'd be surprised to find out just how un-useful this one was in a land with no water, however the phrase "I have diarrhea" was unbelievably necessary: Nina hara)


1 comment:

  1. lmao, look at this face !!!

    Nina hara, Nina hara, Nina hara !!!

    Enjoy your trip prima !!

    ReplyDelete