Sunday, November 1, 2009

Mimi siwezi Kuponya, yesu ndye anaponya...


Sunday 6.9.09 Lodwar 10:00pm

I spoke today at church, with a sermon I wrote about being a child of God. Having no experience I had no idea what to preach about but once I started brainstorming I found signs feeding me information on my topic. I thank God for guiding me through and placing me at a church that was helpful and loving to me. Pastor Dalmas and Sara took care of me and the congregation was very sweet. My sermon was exceptionally memorable or perfectly presented, but it was from the heart so that's what I had to offer.

We spent the rest of the day delivering food to the Unembraced and Napetet IDP (internally displaced people). The inhabitants of the IDP camp were left with no water source, no houses or schools and barely enough food from the government to survive. Kids everywhere are so sweet and trusting and want to touch us... they squirm into the crowd and force themselves on to us just to touch our skin. When we went to Soweto they chanted my name, it was very moving. They have so much energy... always wanting to play, to be held, to touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment